Total Pageviews

Monday, September 26, 2016

Visual Basic 2015 Tutorials: How to read the value from the last entry in ListView

Visual Basic 2015 Tutorials: ListView

 Recently I worked on a Personal Information Management Software for a client and had to read the value from the last item in ListView control. Of course I haven't any problems by doing that but I knew that many beginners will have a problem with this simple task.

I have a database where I insert a unique index in a database field. The most easiest way is to make it as a numbers such 1,2,3,4 etc. But what if I have 20 items and I delete 16 field. Then if you simply calculate it with ListView1.Items.Count + 1 will produce a mistake.

Here it is how I solved this problem.

Visual Basic 2015 Tutorials: Read the the value from the last entry in ListView control

Dim myindex As Integer
myindex = ListView1.Items.Item(ListView1.Items.Count - 1).Text
txtMyIndex.Text = myindex + 1

I hope you find this code useful. If any questions feel free to write in the contact form.

No comments:

Post a Comment